Monday, July 13, 2009

"When we all get to heaven..."

Yesterday our church service was about Heaven. What an amazing service. All I could think about was the song we use to sing at my home church..."When we all get to heaven what a day of rejoicing that will be, when we all see Jesus we'll sing and shout the jubilee..."

When I sing this song I think of my dear loved one Nelda Hayes. There is a part in the song that says "....there be no sorrow there, no more burdens to bear, no more clouds in the sky, no more tears to dim the eye...." She is a wonderful Christian, God fearing woman who has been through so much pain and taught me so much through her journey. I long for the day when she is pain free and unfortunately for me and my earthly desires I know when that day will be. She does not take pain meds because she says they make her too loopy :) See, sometimes when I call her she tells me she has been crying all day with her "dang ole arm." She has RSD in one of her hands/arms, along with other health issues. I hate that she is always in pain, hate it. I so want her to be pain free! So this song gives me hope for her to be pain free!

No comments: